GAF Roofing Warranties from Independent Construction
No other Northeastern Pennsylvania roofing contractor offers you more warranty choices for your new roof than Independent Construction. To help you select the right warranty, the chart below summarizes the key provisions of each of our GAF warranties.
GAF Roofing Warranties – Frequently Asked Questions
Are roof warranties important?
- A new roof is a big investment, typically involving thousands of your hard-earned dollars and lasting 15, 25, 50 years or more. As with any big investment, knowing in advance what your warranty covers could save you thousands in the event that problems arise with your roof.
What are the chances I will have a problem with my new GAF roof?
- Based on GAF’s state-of-the-art manufacturing process, the odds of having a problem with a new GAF roof is about 1 in 1000! On the other hand, while serious problems with GAF roofing materials are rare, if you were to have a problem, it can be as expensive to fix as your roof originally cost. So while the risk of having a problem is low, the cost if you do have a serious problem can be high.
What coverage is available for wind damage?
- Wind Warranty coverage is available in all GAF warranties covering shingles and accessories. Wind Warranty coverage on GAF shingles and ridge cap shingles lasts for 15 years. There is no wind warranty coverage for any other GAF Accessory Products. Maximum wind speed coverage depends on the type of shingles or ridge cap shingles installed on your roof, as well as the installation method. The remedy provided in the event of a claim is reimbursement for the reasonable costs of replacing blown-off shingles or damaged shingles or ridge cap shingles and hand-sealing any unsealed shingles or ridge cap shingles. See applicable warranty for complete coverage and restrictions.
Will the GAF roofing warranties cover the roof’s installation?
- Studies indicate that more than two-thirds of the problems that people experience with their new roofs are due to the contractor’s workmanship, not the roofing materials. That’s why you should trust a GAF certified contractor like Independent Construction with the installation.
What should I look for in a roofing warranty?
- Basically, there are two types of coverage that you should ask your contractor about: coverage against material defects and coverage against workmanship errors. Make sure you get both in writing.
What does a materials warranty cover?
- Almost all roofing products come with a warranty against material defects, although your exact coverage will vary depending on the brand. For example, a typical shingle warranty will cover material defects for a period of 20, 30, 40 years or more. The warranty on the other components of your roofing system can vary from as little as a few months to several years. It is important to remember that coverage against material defects is provided by the manufacturer, so you should select a brand from a manufacturer who is financially strong and therefore more likely to be in business for as long as you own your roof, which could be several decades!
What is GAF’s “SmartChoice® Protection Period”?
- GAF’s warranties come with a special provision called the Smart Choice® Protection Period that covers you against material defects during the critical early years of your new roof. During this period, in the event that you experience a material defect on covered components, GAF will provide you with 100% replacement materials and the reasonable cost of labor to install them. This is important because some roofing warranties may only provide replacement materials, but not the labor to install them.
What is the GAF Weather Stopper® System Plus Ltd. Warranty?
- The GAF Weather Stopper® System Plus Ltd. Warranty provides coverage against material defects for all major GAF components on your roof (not just your shingles) – so you’ll have the peace of mind of knowing that, if any covered roofing component fails, it will be covered by the warranty (see ltd. warranty for complete coverage and restrictions). The warranty is available through Independent Construction a GAF certified contractors, and is a low-cost way to get up to 50 years of non-prorated coverage (against material defects) on your new roofing system.
Does Independent Construction cover me against workmanship errors?
- Independent Construction participates in the GAF Golden Pledge® Ltd. Warranty, the first manufacturer’s warranty to cover both material defects and the contractor’s workmanship (see warranty for complete coverage and restrictions). GAF will stand behind our workmanship up to 20 years! The Golden Pledge® Ltd. Warranty is available only through GAF Master Elite™ Contractors, who are factory-certified by GAF. The warranty even includes an inspection by GAF’s independent inspectors after your new roof has been completed to insure proper installation. It is the strongest, safest warranty available in roofing today. Independent Construction can provide a price for the warranty when we give you a quote for your new roof.
What coverage is available for algae?
- Algae warranty coverage is available in all GAF warranties covering shingles and accessories. All StainGuard Plus™-labeled shingles, ridge cap shingles and StarterMatch® starter strip shingles carry a 25-year limited warranty and 10-year non-prorated period against algae discoloration caused by blue-green algae. All StainGuard®-labeled shingles carry a 10-year limited warranty and 1-year non-prorated period. There is no coverage for algae discoloration for any other GAF Accessory Products. Your StainGuard Plus™-labeled shingles, ridge cap shingles and starter strips may be eligible for a 15-year non-prorated period if you purchase an enhanced warranty through a GAF certified-contractor. The remedy provided in the event of a claim is the reasonable cost of commercially cleaning your shingles, ridge cap shingles, or StarterMatch® starter strip shingles, or at GAF’s sole option, replacing the discolored shingles, ridge cap shingles, or StarterMatch® starter strip shingles. See applicable warranty for complete coverage and restrictions.
Get a FREE Estimate
- Whether you are just dreaming of a new roof, ready for a new roof, or just have questions about roofing materials, we are here to help. Let’s find a time to talk – you pick a time that works best for your schedule.
- If you need emergency assistance 24/7 call, (570) 561-9445.
How can I file a GAF roofing warranties claim?
- The easiest way to open a claim is online at, gaf.com/contact. You may also call GAF at 1-800-458-1860, email [email protected], or send a notice in writing to: GAF, Warranty Claims Department, 1 Campus Drive, Parsippany, NJ 07054.
gaf roofing warranties, gaf silver pledge warranty, gaf shingle warranty